- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Structured COBOL Programming, Getting Started with Fujitsu COBOL
Synopses & Reviews
* Teaches students to design programs so that they are easy to read, debug, modify, and maintain.
* Provides students with the ability to write well designed elementary, intermediate, and advanced structured COBOL programs in their entirety.
* Familiarizes students with information processing and systems concepts that will help them interact with users and systems analysts when designing programs.
* Familiarize students with programming tools such as pseudocode and hierarchy charts that make program logic more structured, modular, and top-down.
* Teaches students useful techniques for maintaining and modifying older "legacy" programs.
* Student disk containing all data for all programming assignments as well as the full Practice Program from each chapter.
* A fully integrated explanation of the Year 2000 (Y2K) problem and its remedies.
* Pedagogy--Debugging tips and critical thinking questions in each chapter. Each chapter also includes Internet assignments to familiarize students with sites that can be used to enhance their COBOL skills.
What Our Readers Are Saying