- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Noise and Vibration Control Engineering: Principles and Applicationsby L. Ver Istvan
Synopses & Reviews
Authoritative guidance for controlling noise and vibration
In today's competitive marketplace, noise and vibration control have become very important in the design of many products, from automobiles to aircraft to consumer appliances. Providing broad coverage of both principles and applications that engineers and designers must know, Noise and Vibration Control Engineering: Principles and Applications, Second Edition is a complete resource of critical noise control design information in one concise and manageable volume.
Presenting the latest information on commonly found noise and vibration problems, this Second Edition has been thoroughly updated and reviewed by István Vér and Leo Beranek, who compiled new as well as fully revised chapters on the latest developments in the field, written by some of the top acoustic engineers and scientists in the world. New material covers:
Noise and Vibration Control Engineering: Principles and Applications, Second Edition is the updated revision of the classic reference containing the most important noise control design information in a single volume of manageable size. Specific content updates include completely revised material on noise and vibration standards, updated information on active noise/vibration control, and the applications of these topics to heating, ventilating, and air conditioning.
About the Author
ISTVÁN L. VÉR, PhD, is a highly respected member of the acoustical engineering community. He is a principal scientist emeritus of Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America, and board-certified member and former director of the Institute of Noise Control Engineering.
LEO L. BERANEK, PhD, is cofounder and President of Bolt, Beranek and Newman. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Basic Acoustical Quantities: Levels and Decibels (Leo L. Beranek).
2. Waves and Impedances (Leo L. Beranek).
3. Data Analysis (Allan G. Piersol).
4. Determination of Sound Power Levels and Directivity of Noise Sources (William W. Lang, George C. Maling, Jr., Matthew A. Nobile, and Jiri Tichy).
5. Outdoor Sound Propagation (Ulrich J. Kurze and Grant S. Anderson).
6. Sound in Small Enclosures (Donald J. Nefske and Shung H. Sung).
7. Sound in Rooms (Murray Hodgson and John Bradley).
8. Sound-Absorbing Materials and Sound Absorbers (Keith Attenborough and István L. Vér).
9. Passive Silencers (M. L. Munjal, Anthony G. Galaitsis and István L. Vér).
10. Sound Generation (István L. Vér).
11. Interaction of Sound Waves with Solid Structures (István L. Vér).
12. Enclosures, Cabins, and Wrappings (István L. Vér).
13. Vibration Isolation (Eric E. Ungar and Jeffrey A. Zapfe).
14. Structural Damping (Eric E. Ungar and Jeffrey A. Zapfe).
15. Noise of Gas Flows (H. D. Baumann and W. B. Coney).
16. Prediction of Machinery Noise (Eric W. Wood and James D. Barnes).
17. Noise Control in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Systems (Alan T. Fry and Douglas H. Sturz).
18. Active Control of Noise and Vibration (Ronald Coleman and Paul J. Remington).
19. Damage Risk Criteria for Hearing and Human Body Vibration (Suzanne D. Smith, Charles W. Nixon and Henning E. Von Gierke).
20. Criteria for Noise in Buildings and Communities (Leo L. Beranek).
21. Acoustical Standards for Noise and Vibration Control (Angelo Campanella, Paul Schomer and Laura Ann Wilber).
Appendix A. General References.
Appendix B. American System of Units.
Appendix C. Conversion Factors.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like