- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the GED & Tabe Test Preparation series:
GED Math Test Tutorby Sandra Rush
Synopses & Reviews
REA's GED® Math Test Tutor - Helps You Pass the Most Challenging Part of the GED®
Get ready for the math portion of the GED® with REA's GED® Math Test Tutor
- Content 100% aligned with the new 2014 GED® test
- Written by a GED® math tutor and test expert
- Comprehensive review covers every topic on the exam
- Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the TI-30XS MultiView™ calculator
- 2 full-length practice tests (featuring new question types) with detailed answers
It's like having your own tutor…
Every year, test-takers report that the math test is the toughest of all the GED® tests. That's why REA offers the most complete guide to success on the new GED® Math test. Let our expert math tutor help you get one step closer to your GED® diploma!
GED® test tutor Sandra Rush gives you all the tools you need to succeed:
- Refresh your knowledge on all things math - from polynomials and powers to statistics and equations, fractions, decimals, and scientific notation
- Know your way around the TI-30XS MultiView™ calculator - a step-by-step tutorial gets you up and running in no time
- Helpful hints you need to know - hundreds of hints, shortcuts, and exercises reinforce key math points, including secrets of rounding, calculating with fractions, quickly knowing the difference between domain and range, a neat way to remember negative and absolute values, and much more
- 2 full-length practice tests - mimic the real GED® Math test. Preview all the new question types (including hot-spot, fill-in-the-blank, drag-and-drop, and more). Detailed answer explanations help you build your knowledge and identify where you need more review and practice.
If you're concerned about your math score on the GED®, you need REA's GED® Math Test Tutor!
GED® MATH TEST TUTOR
100% ALIGNED For the 2014 GED® Test
Its like having your own tutor…
Every year, test-takers report that the math test is the toughest of all the GED® tests. Thats why REA offers the most complete guide to success on the new GED® Math test. Let our expert math tutor help you get one step closer to your GED® diploma!
GED® Test tutor Sandra Rush gives you all the tools you need to succeed:
- Refresh your knowledge on all things math - from Polynomials and Powers to Statistics and Equations, Fractions, Decimals, and Scientific Notation
- Know your way around the TI-30XS MultiView™ calculator - youll be a power-user in no time
- Helpful hints throughout - including secrets of rounding off, calculating with fractions, quickly knowing the difference between domain and range, a neat way to remember negative and absolute values, and much more
- 2 Full-Length Practice Tests mimic the real GED® Math test - preview all the new question types
Youll be confident on test day after you discover how the test works!
Learn from an Expert
Sandra Rush, M.A., is a math tutor who has taught mathematics and physics from junior high school through university level, in three states. She takes great pride in her success in working with students who are looking to earn their high school equivalency diploma. She is an acclaimed writer and editor. This book is her latest effort to provide students with a practical application and knowledge of real-world math.
REA's New GED® Math Test Tutor - Helps You Focus on the Most Challenging Part of the GED® Test
100% Aligned with the New 2014 GED® Test
In January 2014, the GED® Testing Service is launching an entirely new GED® test. The computer-based assessment will still provide adults the opportunity to earn a high school equivalency diploma, but it will also measure career- and college-readiness skills.
REA's new GED® Math Test Tutor test prep is completely aligned with the content and format of the 2014 test. Written by a GED® Math tutor and test expert, our comprehensive review covers all the mathematics topics tested on the exam, including fractions, decimals, percentages, algebra, and more. Hundreds of hints, shortcuts, and exercises reinforce key math points.
The book includes two full-length practice tests featuring every type of question (including new drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, and drop-down test items), subject area, and skill tested on the GED® Mathematics test. Each practice test comes with detailed answer explanations to help students build their knowledge and identify where they need more review and practice.
If you're concerned about your math score on the GED®, you need REA's GED® Math Test Tutor - it's like having your own personal tutor!
About the Author
Sandra Rush earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics from Temple University in Philadelphia. While an undergraduate student, she served as a math tutor for members of the basketball team as well as for local public school students. In these early years of her own higher education, she realized that teaching mathematics had a special appeal.
She has taught mathematics and physics from the junior high school to university levels in three states. Sandra has also continued her side career of tutoring and coaching students at all levels. Her one-on- one approach with young adults has yielded excellent results.
Sandras interest in education has extended beyond the classroom to the field of publishing, including writing and editing manuals on preparation for standardized tests at all levels. This book is the latest of her efforts to make mathematics both understandable and enjoyable for generations of students.
Table of Contents
About the Author
About Correlations to GED® Assessment Targets
About Research & Education Association
Research & Education Association Acknowledgments
Chapter 1: About the Next-Generation GED® Math Test
How This Book Can Help
What to Expect on the GED® Mathematical Reasoning Test
Types of Questions
Chapter 2: “I Was Born Knowing That”
The Number Line
Addition and Subtraction
Chapter 3: The Parts of the Whole
Ratios and Proportions
The Relations Among Decimals, Fractions, and Percentages
Chapter 4: Power Play
Order of Operations
Chapter 5: Algebra—Not a Four-letter Word
Setting up Equations
Working with Algebraic Expressions
Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
Solving Linear Equations
Chapter 6: The X (Squared) Factor
Chapter 7: The Shape of Things
Lines and Angles
Composite Two-Dimensional Figures
Composite Three-Dimensional Figures
Chapter 8: What Are the Chances?
Permutations and Combinations
Spread of Data
GED® Math Practice Test 1
GED® Math Practice Test 2
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like