- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Adolescence: Continuity, Change, and Diversityby Nancy Cobb
Synopses & Reviews
This text provides a comprehensive survey of the research findings and theories of adolescent development, and shows how this information can be applied to help adolescents meet the challenges they face as they grow into adulthood. Developmental implications of ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic differences are integrated into every chapter, and similarities and differences between early and late adolescent development are discussed throughout the text.
Includes bibliographical references (R 1-30) and indexes.
Table of Contents
1. Perspectives on Adolescence
3. The Biological Context of Development: Puberty
5. Defining the Self: Identity and Intimacy
7. Adolescents in the Family: Changing Roles and Relationships
9. Adolescents in the Schools: Moving into High School
11. Facing the Future: Values in Transition
13. Protective Factors in Adolescence: Meeting the Challenges and Making It Work