- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The 5 Love Languages Singles Editionby Gary Chapman
Synopses & Reviews
This simple concept can revolutionize all your relationships!
"Nothing has more potential for enhancing one's sense of well-being than effectively loving and being loved. This book is designed to help you do both of these things effectively."
With more than 8 million copies sold, The 5 Love Languages® continues to strengthen relationships worldwide. Although originally crafted with married couples in mind, the love languages have proven themselves to be universal. Whether it's dating relationships, parents, coworkers, or friends-understanding your unique love language and that of others can significantly improve your relationships.
The premise is simple: Different people with different personalities express love in different ways. Therefore, if you want to give and receive love most effectively, you've got to learn to speak the right language.
The 5 Love Languages® Singles Edition will help you . . .
* discover the missing ingredient in past relationships
* learn how to communicate love in a way that can transform any relationship
* grow closer to the people you care about the most
* understand why you may not feel loved by those who genuinely care about you
* gain the courage to deeply express your emotions and affection to others
Includes a study guide that's perfect for groups of any size.
Gary Chapman's core message has hit home with over 5 million people as it focuses on humanity's deepest emotional need: the need to "feel" loved. This need is felt by married and singles alike. Dr. Chapman now tackles the unique circumstances that singles face, and integrates how the same five love languages apply in their relationships.
The five love languages work for everyone...they're not just for married couples.
Being single or married has nothing to do with whether you need to feel loved! Everyone has a deep-down desire for complete and unconditional love in all relationships. In The 5 Love Languages Singles Edition, Dr. Gary Chapman adapts his powerful, life-changing message to the unique needs of single adults. Understanding and applying the five love languages will enhance all relationships. Whether it's parents, coworkers, classmates, roomates, siblings, dating partners, or friends. The 5 Love Languages Singles Edition provides the tools you need to give and receive love most effectively.
About the Author
GARY CHAPMAN, PhD, is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling The 5 Love Languages. With over 30 years of counseling experience, he has the uncanny ability to hold a mirror up to human behavior, showing readers not just where they go wrong, but also how to grow and move forward. Dr. Chapman holds BA and MA degrees in anthropology from Wheaton College and Wake Forest University, respectively, MRE and PhD degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has completed postgraduate work at the University of North Carolina and Duke University. For more information visit his website at www.5lovelanguages.com.
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Single Adults: Significant and Growing
2. This Is It: The Key to Your Relationships
3. Love Language #1: Words of Affirmation
4. Love Language #2: Gifts
5. Love Language #3: Acts of Service
6. Love Language #4: Quality Time
7. Love Language #5: Physical Touch
8. You Go First: Discover Your Primary Love Language
9. Family: Connect the Dots with Your Immediate Family
10. Dating Relationships - Part I: Love Languages and Your Special Someone
11. Dating Relationships - Part II: Should Love Lead to Marriage?
12. They're Not Just for Romantic Relationships: Roommates, Classmates, and Coworkers
13. Single with Kids: Love Languages and Single Parents
14. Success: Love is the Key
Appendix: The Five Love Languages Profile
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General