- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers: 50 Exercises That Get Results in Just 15 Minutesby Brian Cole Miller
Synopses & Reviews
Just because your team doesn’t have the time or the budget to embark on a full-scale training program doesn’t mean you have to abandon the idea of team-building exercises altogether. Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers presents 50 fun, practical exercises to choose from, and you don’t need any special facilities, expensive products, or previous training experience to get great results—in minutes! These great activities will help you:
• Build new teams and help teams assimilate new members
• Deal with change
• Recognize individual efforts and team accomplishments
• Find creative ways to work together and solve problems
• Increase and improve communication
• Leverage diversity and individual differences to meet team goals
• Keep competition healthy and productive
Whether you’re a rookie manager or a veteran, you’ll build great teams with these simple and engaging exercises!
“Should be on the bookshelf of every business manager. Extremely well done!”
—William A Jackson, Division Manager, Ethicon Endo-surgery, a division of Johnson & Johnson
“I particularly love the practical ‘how to’ tips and examples that virtually guarantee a successful, fun team-building experience."
—Kim Detiveaux, "Big 4" Senior Manager
“A confidence builder for both the new and experienced manager.”
—Mary Sue Findley, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, 5/3 Bank
"What a great tool for managers and HR professionals—the activities are unique, interesting, and provide valuable insight into team dynamics."
—Kristofer Cooper, Human Resources Manager, Burger King Corporation
Brian Cole Miller (Dublin, OH) is the owner of Working Solutions, a management and training consultant firm whose clients include Nationwide Insurance, Mailboxes Etc., and Burger King. He is former director of training and development at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Every group can benefit from team-building exercises. But sometimes it’s not practical to embark on a full-scale training initiative. Now, supervisors, managers, and team leaders have 50 team-building activities to choose from, all of which can be implemented with no special facilities, big expense, or previous training experience. Readers will find engaging exercises for:
* Building new teams and helping teams with new members
* Dealing with change and its effects: anger, fear, frustration, and more
* Recognizing individual efforts and team accomplishments
* Finding creative ways to work together and solve problems
* Increasing and improving communication
* Leveraging diversity and individual differences to meet team goals
* Keeping competition healthy and productive within the team
Instructions and tips for follow-up and variations are included for each activity, and an additional chapter provides valuable advice for working through unexpected difficulties in team-building.
Offers managers simple exercises for team building that don't require special facilities, big expense, or previous training experience.
About the Author
Brian Cole MILLER is the owner of Working Solutions, a management and training consultant firm whose clients include Nationwide Insurance, Mailboxes Etc., and Burger King. He is former director of training and development at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Getting Ready
1. How to Run a Successful Team-building Activity
2. What Could Go Wrong in a Team-building Activity
Part 2. The Activities
3. Connecting: Getting to Know Each Other
4. Communication: Listening and Influencing
5. Cooperation: Working Together as a Team
6. Creativity: Solving Problems Together
7. Teamwork: Appreciating and Supporting Each Other"
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like