- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the HBR's 10 Must Reads series:
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy (Harvard Business Review)by Harvard Business Review
Synopses & Reviews
Is your company spending too much time on strategy development—with too little to show for it?
If you read nothing else on strategy, read these 10 articles (featuring What Is Strategy?” by Michael E. Porter). We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you catalyze your organization's strategy development and execution.
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy will inspire you to:
Distinguish your company from rivals
Clarify what your company will and won't do
Craft a vision for an uncertain future
Create blue oceans of uncontested market space
Use the Balanced Scorecard to measure your strategy
Capture your strategy in a memorable phrase
Make priorities explicit
Allocate resources early
Clarify decision rights for faster decision making"
This collection of best-selling articles includes: featured article "What Is Strategy?" by Michael E. Porter, "The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy," "Building Your Company's Vision," "Reinventing Your Business Model," "Blue Ocean Strategy," "The Secrets to Successful Strategy Execution," "Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System," "Transforming Corner-Office Strategy into Frontline Action," "Turning Great Strategy into Great Performance," and "Who Has the D? How Clear Decision Roles Enhance Organizational Performance."
About the Author
HBR's 10 Must Reads paperback series is the definitive collection of books for new and experienced leaders alike. Leaders looking for the inspiration that big ideas provide, both to accelerate their own growth and that of their companies, should look no further.
HBR's 10 Must Reads series focuses on the core topics that every ambitious manager needs to know: leadership, strategy, change, managing people, and managing yourself. Harvard Business Review has sorted through hundreds of articles and selected only the most essential reading on each topic. Each title includes timeless advice that will be relevant regardless of an ever-changing business environment.
Classic ideas, enduring advice, the best thinkers: HBR's 10 Must Reads.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Strategy? Porter, Michael E.
2. The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy Michael E. Porter
3. Building Your Company's Vision Collins, James C. and Porras, Jerry I.
4. Reinventing Your Business Model Mark W. Johnson, Clayton M. Christensen, and Henning Kagermann
5. Blue Ocean Strategy W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
6. The Secrets to Successful Strategy Execution Gary L. Neilson, Karla L. Martin, and Elizabeth Powers
7. Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton
8. Transforming Corner-Office Strategy into Frontline Action Orit Gadiesh and James L. Gilbert
9. Turning Great Strategy into Great Performance Michael C. Mankins and Richard Steele
10. Who Has the D?: How Clear Decision Roles Enhance Organizational Performance Paul Rogers and Marcia Blenko
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like