- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
The Old Farmer's Almanac (Old Farmer's Almanac)
Synopses & Reviews
Americas best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved: Its name makes people smile and its contents tickle funny bones. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac is packed with facts, features, and fun that make every day special.
The 2012 edition, which marks the publications 220th anniversary, will feature . . .
•weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus the science behind weather folklore
• the most accurate astronomical data under the sun, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• gardening advice for growing vegetables and flowers, not to mention worthwhile weeds
• easy, mouthwatering recipes for Dutch ovens
• amusing and enlightening articles on topics such as cures for a headache, quirky measurements, and heirloom animals
• ideas, hints, and charts that provide simple solutions and shortcuts for everyday challenges
• and much, much more!
Added value this year . . .
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts
• national, in-person TV, radio, and print publicity campaign, beginning in September 2011
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
What Our Readers Are Saying
» Featured Titles » General