- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture N series:
Companion to the Papers of Donald Knuth (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture N)by Donald Ervin Knuth
Synopses & Reviews
Donald E. Knuth’s seminal publications, such as Selected Papers on Fun and Games and Selected Paper on the Design of Algorithms, have earned him a loyal following among scholars and computer scientists, and his award-winning textbooks have becomes classics that are often given credit for shaping the field. In this volume, he explains and comments on the changes he has made to his work over the last twenty years in response to new technologies and the evolving understanding of key concepts in computer science. His commentary is supplemented by a full bibliography of his works and a number of interviews with Knuth himself, which shed light on his professional life and publications, as well as provide interesting biographical details. A giant in the field of computer science, Knuth has assembled materials that offer a full portrait of both the scientist and the man. The final volume of a series of his collected papers, Companion to the Papers of Donald Knuth is essential for the Knuth completist.
About the Author
Donald E. Knuth is the Fletcher Jones Professor of Computer Science emeritus at Stanford University.
Table of Contents
3. Teach Calculus with Big O
5. Memories of Andrei Ershov
6. Theory and Practice and Fun
7. Conversations, 1996: Prizes and Choices
8. Conversations, 1996: Printing
9. Conversations, 1996: Life
10. Conversations, 1996: Printing (Continued)
11: Conversations, 1996: Travel
12. Conversations, 1996: Why Computer Science?
13. Conversations, 1996: Work Habits and Problem Solving
14. Conversations, 1996: Getting Started
15. Conversations, 1996: Programming and Languages
16. Conversations, 1996: AI, Students, Retirement
17. Conversations, 1996: Accidents, Planning, Naming
18. Curriculum Vitae
19. Books and their Translations
20. Annotated List of Papers
21. Alphabetical Index of Titles
What Our Readers Are Saying