- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Healing Secrets of the Native Americans: Herbs, Remedies, and Practices That Restore the Body, Refresh the Mind, and Rebuild the Spiritby Porter Shimer
Synopses & Reviews
- For thousands of years, Native Americans have used the bountiful gifts of nature to heal the mind, the body, and the spirit. Today, modern medicine is confirming the wisdom of these ancient healing techniques. Healing Secrets of the Native Americans brings the knowledge and these techniques to a wider audience in this clear, reliable, and beautifully packaged book.
- Discover how the Native American healing traditon uses plants and herbs, heat, movement and sound, visualization, and spirituality to heal dozens of everyday ailments and illnesses from back pain to insect bites to flu and sore throat.
- The book is broken into sections covering: The Healing Spirit (including dream therapy, spirituality and prayer), The Native American Spa (including the healing power of heat, massage, sound and movement, and nutrition) The Native American Pharmacy (including more than 40 herbs and plants, how to obtain them, and how to use them) Making it Work (remedies for more than 40 ailments).
- Unique, practical, and attractive paper-over-boards package covered in a natural, textured paper that will appeal to the aesthetics of the market. The interior has two-color ink and lovely line art throughout.
- Chinese Natural Cures (BD&L 1579120563) has sold 110,000 copies to date.
- Healing Secrets of the Native Americans (Fall, 2004), this is the launch of another successful series in the tradition of the BD&L "Satin Series" which has sold over 80,000 and includes Kama Sutra: The Perfect Bedside Companion; Yoga: The Perfect Companion; Zen: The Perfect Companion; The Book of Comfort: The Perfect Everyday Companion; I Ching: The Perfect Companion.
In the tradition of Black Dog and Leventhal's successful Chinese Natural Cures, Healing Secrets of the Native Americans brings the age-old knowledge and trusted techniques of Native-American healing to a wider audience. From this clear, reliable, and beautifully packaged book, learn how Native Americans have used the bountiful gifts of nature to heal the mind, the body, and the spirit. Discover how the Native-American tradition uses plants and herbs, heat, movement and sound, visualization, and spirituality to heal dozens of everyday ailments and illnesses--from back pain to insect bites to flu and sore throat and much more.
Broken into sections, the book covers such topics as "The Healing Spirit" (including dream therapy, spirituality, and prayer), "The Native American Spa" (healing with heat, massage, sound and movement, and nutrition), "The Native American Pharmacy" (including more than 40 herbs and plants, how to obtain them, and how to use them), plus remedies for more than 40 ailments from acne to wrinkles.
About the Author
Porter Shimer is a health and fitness author who has written several books on natural ways to conquer pain, lose weight, and achieve a healthier life.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Engineering » Engineering » Inventions