- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Lynette Jennings Straight Talk on Decorating
Synopses & Reviews
There's a good reason why design guru Lynette Jennings has drawn hundreds of consumers at a time to decorating seminars around the country. Not only does she have a popular daytime Discovery Channel television show, Lynette Jennings Design, but she tells it like it is. In her relaxed and often humorous style, Lynette admits that decorating may be the hardest thing you ever do — and then she digs in to help you through the process.
In this beautiful and engaging decorating book, Lynette — finally! — puts her practical design philosophy and experience in print. The basics:
* Design isn't mysterious. She makes it easy for you to understand the basics of design, always showing in gorgeous photography and in her own illustrations how simple precepts apply to real rooms. * Design is about tools, not rules. Grasp the tools and you gain the freedom to have your home your way. * There are no excuses! Lynette pokes holes in all the common reasons you may give for putting off a decorating project, building your decorating confidence and motivation along the way.
In this, her first book, Lynette focuses on understanding and using color and on making the most of space.
This book includes tips on:
* Choosing from among the thousands of paint color choices onthe market today
* Working with any region's unique, natural palette of colors
* How the timid can build color confidence by starting with just a touch of color
* Creating a roomy feeling, no matter how small a room may be
* Arranging furnishings and accessories to create the kind of harmonious balance that makes rooms look good and feel great
* Getting rid of clutter, which Lynette calls Space Enemy #1
Throughout the book, Lynette shows you fabulous homes from coast to coast and takes you inside her own homes in Toronto and Atlanta. Whether you want to simply paint a wall, rearrange the living room furniture, or create a whole-house redecorating plan, you will find help here. Open any page and find ideas coupled with Lynette's engaging, to-the-point text.
Takes a down-to-earth approach to decorating: Design isn't mysterious; it's about tools, not rules.
Tour fabulous homes from coast to coast, including exclusive, never-before-seen tours of Jennings' homes in Toronto and Atlanta.
Teaches the basics on color, accessories, fabrics, proportion, and furniture.
-- Takes a down-to-earth approach to decorating: Design isn't mysterious; it's about tools, not rules.
-- Tour fabulous homes from coast to coast, including exclusive, photos of Jennings' homes.
Table of Contents
Book Introduction: I'm with You
Chapter 1: Identity Crisis
Chapter 2: It's About Freedom
Chapter 3: Take My Home for Instance
Chapter 4: The Scary Part
Chapter 5: My Room Is Too Small
Chapter 6: Color: The Miseries of Choice
Chapter 7: Color America
Chapter 8: But I Love Beige
Chapter 9: Great Beginnings
Chapter 10: Inter-Space
Chapter 11: Furniture &Accessories: A Balancing Act
Chapter 12: Clutter: Space Enemy #1
Chapter 13: Double Trouble
Chapter 14: Psst...This Is Personal
Index and Acknowledgments
What Our Readers Are Saying