- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook 2ND Editionby Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
'Hasta la vista, baby!' is no way to address a Spanish police officer, 'Arriba! Arriba!' won't make the taxi go faster and 'Ay, carramba!' won't grab a waiter's attention. Use this book to say what you really mean.
Our phrasebooks give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases in more than 120 languages. Chat with the locals and discover their culture - a guaranteed way to enrich your travel experience.
"Lonely Planet Phrasebooks. Portable, pocket-size, cheap, and available for almost any country you might want to visit..."--National Geographic Traveler, September 2006
"...Lonely Planet phrase books have long taken a hip, streetwise approach."--Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 27, 2004
This phrasebook makes a great sangria coaster and provides some protection while sunbathing. Opening it reveals a whole world of other possibilities.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like