- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Baseball Bafflers: Quizzes, Trivia, and Other Ballpark Challenges for the Hardball Know-It-All
Synopses & Reviews
This ultimate compilation of all-things-baseball includes such fan-talizing topics as Little Known Rules, Trick Plays, Quotes of the Game, and Funny Moments. Test your baseball IQ with real-life game situations and official scoring dilemmas, then read how umpires, managers, and other baseball authorities called the play. Experience the game's zaniest moments, its most intriguing anecdotes, its most colorful players, and all of the action behind the scenes as well as on the field. It's all here: the questions and answers, the stories and stats - everything but "The Star-Spangled Banner" - making Baseball Bafflers and entertaining and engaging celebration of the Great American Sport.
A wide range of experts compiled these golden moments, from sports journalists to retired players, to trivia experts and devoted fans, making it a must-have for armchair umpires everywhere.
In sections such as Baseball's Strangest Moments and You're the Umpire:
- Find out how players from the Chicago Cubs fooled a San Francisco Giants rookie when his baseball disappeared.
- Read about the manager who was so bored with the game that he left it for a hot dog!
- Experience some of Yogi Berra's great lines: "I want to thank all of you fans for making this night necessary" or "It's deja vu all over again."
- Find out which baseball player signed a football before his eager fan was dragged away.
- Read about such strange baseball superstitions as using colored bats or creating special nicknames.
- Discover the pitcher who came up with a no-hitter during his very first start!
Batter up! Here are all of the fun and perplexing facts, trivia, games, quotes, and zany moments from our nation's favorite pastime.
Step up to the plate and swing at blazing fastballs like these:
- Is there any height limit to a hurler's pitch?
- Can a runner ever steal first base?
- Can a game continue with eight players on the field?
- Who was the club owner who pushed a baseball down the foul line with his nose?
The stats, facts, myths, and magic are all here - in a big little book that is sure to hit a home run with baseball fans of every stripe.
This collection of facts, trivia, games, quotes, and golden moments from baseball's history makes an ideal gift for any baseball fan. Illustrations.
Table of Contents
Baseball's Strangest Moments (9)
Baseball's Funny Moments (57)
You're the Manager (99)
You're the Umpire (129)
Baseball Trivia (165)
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Humor » General