- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Mass Market
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
More copies of this ISBN
Berlin Encounter (Lonely Planet Berlin Encounter)by Andrea Schulte-peevers
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Berlin Encounter Be?
...picnicking on lip-smaking Currywurst in the splendour of the palace gardens
...feasting your eyes on artwork from Rembrandts to cutting-edge exhibits
...touching history at the Berlin Wall, then delving into the eclectic communities to its east
...playing the nocturnal hedonist - from roaring '20s cabaret to uninhabited, euphoric clubs
...catering to your individuality in the city's edgiest fashion and kitsch boutiques
...sipping sublime cocktails while cocooned in an ambient lounge
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full color pull-out map and detailed neighborhood maps
...our local author pinpoints the city's best nightlife, food, art, sights and shops
...from glamorous to quirky, gay to down and dirty - get the lowdown on the city's distinct neighborhoods with itineraries to plan your stay
...meet the locals: the mayor, a top chef, contemporary artists and a dominatrix
Feast on "currywurst" or touch history at the Berlin Wall. A longtime resident shares all the best places to dance, eat, shop, and play. Tips cover one of Europe's biggest, most diverse and out there nightlife scenes. Full color.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like