- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Demystified series:
Chemistry Demystified (03 - Old Edition)by Linda Williams
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Say goodbye to dry presentations, grueling formulas, and abstract theory that would put Einstein to sleep--now there's an easier way to master chemistry, biology, trigonometry, and geometry. McGraw-Hill's Demystified Series teaches complex subjects in a unique, easy-to-absorb manner and is designed for users without formal training, unlimited time, or genius IQs.
Organized like self-teaching guides, they come complete with key points, background information, questions at the end of each chapter, and final exams. There's no better way to gain instant expertise!
ABOUT CHEMISTRY DEMYSTIFIED:
* Current, real-world examples illustrate the essential nature of the basic elements as they form various states of gases, liquids, and solids
* Covers essentials such as understanding matter; chemical building blocks; elements, electrons, and the periodic table; properties and reactions
* Includes unique Chembites, tips, scientific news, and cutting-edge industry applications not usually found in textbooks
HERE'S A BREAKTHOUGH FORMULA FOR UNDERSTANDING CHEMISTRY
Forget dry presentations, abstract theory, and grueling homework assignments — here's an entertaining and effective way for those without formal training or unlimited time to get up-to-speed on chemistry and the foundational components of matter.
With Chemistry Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a time — at your own speed. Unlike most books on chemistry, general principles are presented first, and the details follow. In order to make the learning process as clear and simple as possible, heavy-duty math, formulas, and equations are kept to a minimum. This unique self-teaching guide offers questions at the end of each chapter and section to pinpoint weaknesses, and a 150-question final exam to reinforce the entire book. You'll also find a host of "extras" such as Chembites, tips, scientific news, and cutting-edge industry applications not usually found in standard textbooks.
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Chemistry Demystified is the painless alternative to learning or brushing up on chemistry.
Here's everything you need to:
* Understand the components of matter
* Grasp symbols and naming standards used in chemistry
* Learn elements, electrons, and the Periodic Table
* Discover the composition of atoms
* Comprehend subatomic particles
* Execute formulaic calculations
* Understand properties and reactions
* Comprehend solubility, boiling, and freezing points
* Discern surface tension
- Current, real-world examples illustrate the essential nature of the basic elements as they form various states of gasses, liquids, and solids- Covers essentials such as understanding matter; chemcial building blocks; elements, electrons, and the periodic table; properties and reactions- Includes unique Chembites, tips, scientific news, and cutting-edge industry applications not usually found in textbooks
Table of Contents
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING MATTER: Scientific method and chemistry — Data and how to study it — Properties of matter — Elements, symbols, and the periodic table — Test: Part one — PART TWO: CHEMICAL BUILDING BLOCKS: Atoms, elements, and compounds — Electron configurations — Concentration and molarity — The Hydrogen atom — Test: Part two — PART THREE: ELEMENTS, GROUPS, AND BEHAVIOR: Atomic number and ions — Organic chemistry and functional groups — Radiochemistry — Metals — Test: Part Three — PART FOUR: PROPERTIES AND REACTIONS: Chemical bonding — Acids and bases — Solids — Liquids — Gases — Biochemistry, nanotechnology, and the future — Test: Part four — Final exam — Answers to quiz, test, and exam questions.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like