- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Mastering Written English the Complete Lby Mary Epes
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
The latest edition of this popular self-paced workbook uses systematic practice in increasingly complex contexts to help readers develop skill in editing their own writing for the basic features of standard written English. The Steps in the Writing Process. Mastering Writing Conventions. Choosing Correct Words. Understanding Simple Sentences. Understanding More Complicated Sentences. Mastering Nouns and Pronouns. Making Present-Tense Verbs Agree. Mastering Past-Tense Verbs. Avoiding and Fixing Run-Ons. Avoiding and Fixing Fragments. Mastering Verb Phrases. For ESL readers and anyone else who needs to master written English or improve their writing skills.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Practicing the Writing Process.
Section 2: Practicing the Editing Process.
1. Mastering Writing Conventions.
2. Understanding Simple Sentences.
3. Understanding More Complicated Sentences I.
4. Understanding More Complicated Sentences II.
5. Using Nouns and Pronouns.
6. Making Present-Tense Verbs Agree.
7. Mastering Past-Tense Verbs.
8. Recognizing and Fixing Run-Ons.
9. Recognizing and Fixing Fragments.
10. Mastering Verb Phrases I.
11. Mastering Verb Phrases II.
12. Mastering Expansion.
What Our Readers Are Saying