- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Organic Chemistry (5TH 03 - Old Edition)by Leroy G. Jr. Wade
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
This workbook with CD features SpartanViewTM and SpartanBuildTM software. It includes a software tutorial and numerous challenging exercises that readers can tackle to solve problems involving structure building and analysis, using the tools included in the two pieces of Spartan software. Included are the molecular model files for the activities. Free when packaged with selected Pearson textbooks.
A useful workbook for chemistry courses.
Book News Annotation:
New edition of a text that covers the fundamentals of organic chemistry, including both the classical reactions and the new techniques and reactions in current use by practicing chemists. New sections address free-radical inhibitors, using the Mislow and Siegel definition, the asymmetric reduction work by Noyori and Knowles, the Sharpless asymmetric epoxidation, the aromaticity of Fullerenes and their relationship to other allotropes of carbon, prions, and others. Visual aids comprise boxes containing information on important mechanisms, and electrostatic potential maps.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
In a highly accessible fashion, this top-selling book bridges the gap between conceptual understanding and actual application--while strongly emphasizing the development of problem-solving skills. The book focuses on traditional organic chemistry topics and offers up-to-date aspects of spectroscopy, relevant photographs, and many applications to polymer chemistry integrated throughout the book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Review.
2. Structure and Properties of Organic Molecules.
3. Structure and Stereochemistry of Alkanes.
4. The Study of Chemical Reactions.
6. Alkyl Halides: Nucleophilic Substitution and Elimination.
7. Structure and Synthesis of Alkenes.
8. Reactions of Alkenes.
10. Structure and Synthesis of Alcohols.
11. Reactions of Alcohols.
12. Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry.
13. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
14. Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides.
15. Conjugated Systems, Orbital Symmetry, and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy.
16. Aromatic Compounds.
17. Reactions of Aromatic Compounds.
18. Ketones and Aldehydes.
20. Carboxylic Acids.
21. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives.
22. Alpha Substitutions and Condensations of Enols and Enolate Ions.
23. Carbohydrates and Nucleic Acids.
24. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
26. Synthetic Polymers.
Answers to Selected Problems.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like