- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Automotive Service Basics (4TH 02 Edition)by John Remling
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
This book presents general automotive principles and maintenance in a basic, step-by-step, hands-on approach for readers with little or no understanding of automobiles. Chapter topics cover basic automotive maintenance safety, tools, and service; engine lubrication system maintenance; battery system maintenance; charging system maintenance; starting system maintenance; ignition system maintenance; engine cooling system maintenance; fuel, fuel injection, and emission control systems maintenance; exhaust system maintenance; manual transmission, clutch, and automatic transmission system maintenance; drive shaft, universal joint, and differential system maintenance; steering and suspension system maintenance; tire, wheel, and hub system maintenance; standard, power, antilock, and parking brake system maintenance; electrical circuits and light system maintenance; and air conditioning and heating system maintenance. For anyone who wants to learn basic automotive maintenance and repair skills on current production and older vehicles.
Book News Annotation:
This new edition of a textbook written for basic automotive courses incorporates discussions of the computer monitoring systems being used in modern vehicles, as well as discussing servicing older models. Specific systems discussed include engine lubrication, the battery, charging, ignition, engine cooling, exhaust, fuel injection and emission control, transmissions, drive shaft, steering and suspension, braking, electrical circuits, and air conditioning. The text is accompanied by a large amount of illustrations and end-of- chapter quizzes.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
The new edition of the popular "Automotive Service Basics" emphasizes the "why" and "how-to" of serving basic systems. Topics include fluids, electrical systems, air conditioning, under-vehicle systems, and simple tune-up considerations. Many new illustrations buttress the highly visual instructional approach, backed up by and easy-to-understand writing style.
Features of this new edition include:
The new edition of the popular Automotive Service Basics emphasizes the "why" and "how-to" of serving basic systems. Topics include fluids, electrical systems, air conditioning, under-vehicle systems, and simple tune-up considerations. Many new illustrations buttress the highly visual instructional approach, backed up by and easy-to-understand writing style.
Features of this new edition include:
Table of Contents
1. What Is Basic Automotive Maintenance?
2. Basic Automotive Maintenance Safety.
3. Basic Automotive Maintenance Tools.
4. Basic Maintenance Service.
5. Engine Lubrication System Maintenance.
6. Battery System Maintenance.
7. Charging System Maintenance.
8. Starting System Maintenance.
9. Ignition System Maintenance.
10. Engine Cooling System Maintenance.
11. Fuel, Fuel Injection, and Emission Control Systems Maintenance.
12. Exhaust System Maintenance.
13. Manual Transmission, Clutch, and Automatic Transmission System Maintenance.
14. Drive Shaft, Universal Joint, and Differential System Maintenance.
15. Steering and Suspension System Maintenance.
16. Tire, Wheel, and Hub System Maintenance.
17. Standard, Power, Antilock, and Parking Brake System Maintenance.
18. Electrical Circuits and Light System Maintenance.
19. Air Conditioning and Heating System Maintenance.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like