- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Fishes : Introduction To Ichthyology (5TH 04 Edition)by Peter Moyle
Synopses & Reviews
This book provides a comprehensive and current source of information on fishes—including systematics, zoogeography, behavior, and conservation of fishes—that is often needed by professionals as background for writing accurate reports. This book covers the structure and physiology, evolution and taxonomy, zoogeography, and ecology and conservation of fishes. For fisheries biologists, conservation biologists, and aquatic ecologists that need an up-to-date reference on Ichthyology.
This volume provides a comprehensive source of information on fishes, including systematics, zoogeography, behaviour and conservation of fishes. It covers the structure and physiology, evolution and taxonomy, zoogeography and ecology and conservation of fishes.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 637-710) and index.
Table of Contents
2. Form and Movement.
4. Blood and its Circulation.
5. Buoyancy and Thermal Regulation.
6. Hydronuneral Balance.
7. Feeding, Nutrition, Digestion, and Excretion.
10. Sensory Perception.
11. Behavior and Communication.
12. Systematics, Genetics and Speciation.
14. Hagfishes and Lampreys.
15. Sharks, Rays and Chimaeras.
16. Relict Bony Fishes.
17. Bonytongues, Eels and Herrings.
18. Minnows, Characins, and Catfishes.
19. Smelt, Salmon and Pike.
20. Angler Fish, Barracudinas, Cods, and Dragonfishes.
21. Mullets, Silversides, Flying Fish, and Killifish.
22. Opahs, Squirrelfish, Dories, Pipefish, and Sculpins.
23. Perciformes: Snooks to Snakeheads.
24. Flounders, Puffers, and Molas.
25. Zoogeography of Freshwater Fishes.
26. Zoogeography of Marine Fishes.
27. Introduction to Ecology.
28. Temperate Streams.
29. Temperate Lakes and Reservoirs.
30. Tropical Freshwater Lakes and Streams.
32. Coastal Habitats.
33. Tropical Reefs.
34. Epipelagic Zone.
35. Deep Sea Habitats.
36. Polar Regions.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like
Science and Mathematics » Agriculture » Aquaculture
Science and Mathematics » Nature Studies » Fish
Science and Mathematics » Oceanography » Fish
Textbooks » General