- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Automotive Brake Systems -with Worktext and CD (3RD 04 - Old Edition)by James D. Halderman
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
This book offers complete coverage of the parts, operation, design, and troubleshooting of brake systems. It correlates to the National ASE test in the area of brakes as well as to the automotive program requirements for NATEF. Tech tips and diagnostic examples are included throughout, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) are thoroughly and comprehensively answered. All content is correlated to the ASE and NATEF program requirements, with a major emphasis on diagnosing and troubleshooting automotive brake systems, including antilock braking systems. For automotive service technicians.
Part of Prentice Hall’s Professional Technician series, this book offers complete coverage of the parts, operation, design, and troubleshooting of brake systems. It correlates material to task lists specified by ASE and NATEF and emphasizes a diagnostic approach throughout. Chapter features include Tech Tips, Diagnostic Stories, High-Performance Tips, Frequently Asked Questions and more. Packaged with a multi-media CD-ROM, the approach includes live action videos, flash animations, an ASE test preparation website and worksheets designed to prepare students for certification and their on-the-job responsibilities.
Table of Contents
1. Tools, Fasteners, and Safety.
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials.
3. Braking System Components and Performance Standards.
4. Braking System Principles.
5. Brake Linings and Pads.
6. Brake Fluid and Lines.
7. Hydraulic Principles and Master Cylinders.
8. Hydraulic Valves and Switches.
9. Brake Bleeding Methods and Procedures.
10. Wheel Bearings and Service.
11. Drum Brakes.
12. Drum Brake Diagnosis and Service.
13. Disc Brakes.
14. Disc Brake Diagnosis and Service.
15. Parking Brake Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
16. Machining Brake Drums and Rotors.
17. Power Brake Unit Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
18. Brake System Electrical Fundamentals.
19. ABS Components and Operation.
20. Antilock Brake Systems.
21. ABS Diagnosis and Service.
Appendix 1: Sample Brakes (A5) ASE Certification Test.
Appendix 2: NATEF Correlation Chart.
Appendix 3: ASE Correlation Chart.
English Language Glossary.
Spanish Language Glossary.
What Our Readers Are Saying