- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
The Art of Responsive Drawingby Nathan Goldstein
Synopses & Reviews
More a “how-to-see-it” than a “how-to-do-it” book, this edition explores the disguises and characteristics of shapes and forms in nature, and it examines the visual elements and the relational, moving, and emotive forces that constitute the language of drawing. Clear and objective, this book offers an intensive examination of vital drawing processes and concepts, an in-depth analysis of exceptional drawings by old and contemporary artists, and suggested exercises to enhance the readers' grasp of important measurable and dynamic phenomena. For the art student, the art teacher, the interested amateur, and the practicing artist.
Table of Contents
1. Gestural Expression: Deduction through Feeling.
2. Shape: An Irony.
3. Line: The Indispensable Abstraction.
4. Value: Light, Local Tone, and Mood.
5. Perspective: The Foreshortened View.
6. Volume: The Sculptural Sense.
7. Color: The Transforming Element.
8. Media and Materials: The Tools of Drawing.
9. Visual Issues: The Forming of Order.
10. Expressive Issues: The Forming of Meaning.
11. Envisioned Images: Improvisations of Form and Space.
12. Pathologies of Drawing: Some Symptoms and Defects.
13. Finding Your Way: Options and Attitudes.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like