- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Principles and Prevention of Corrosionby Denny A. Jones
Synopses & Reviews
Comprehensive approach to scientific principles and methods that underlie the cause, detection, measurement and prevention of many metal corrosion problems engineering practices.
Book News Annotation:
A revised and updated textbook (first edition, 1992) for introductory engineering courses at the senior/graduate level, or reference for researchers and practicing engineers. The emphasis is on the principles and methods leading to reasonable mitigation of the great majority of corrosion problems in engineering practice. An instructor's manual, available on request from the publisher, contains solutions to the exercises that conclude each chapter, and a set of multiple choice questions for further discussion or examination.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents
1. The Technology and Evaluation of Corrosion.
2. Electrochemical Thermodynamics and Electrode Potential.
3. Electrochemical Kinetics of Corrosion.
5. Polarization Methods to Measure Corrosion Rate.
6. Galvanic and Concentration Cell Corrosion.
7. Pitting and Crevice Corrosion.
8. Environmentally Induced Cracking.
9. Effects of Metallurgical Structure on Corrosion.
10. Corrosion-Related Damage by Hydrogen, Erosion, and Wear.
11. Corrosion in Selected Corrosive Environments.
12. Atmospheric Corrosion and Elevated Temperature Oxidation.
13. Cathodic Protection.
14. Coatings and Inhibitors.
15. Materials Selection and Design.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment: