- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Synopses & Reviews
This highly readable text provides the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry at a level that is neither too high nor too low. Praised for its coverage of theoretical inorganic chemistry, it discusses molecular symmetry earlier than other texts and builds on this foundation in later chapters. Plenty of supporting book references encourage you to further explore topics of interest.
This highly readable book provides the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry with molecular symmetry as its foundation. Chapter topics include atomic structure, molecular orbitals, organometallic chemistry, simple bonding theory, symmetry and group theory, and more. For chemists and other professionals who want to update or improve their background in the field.
About the Author
Gary L. Miessler received his Bachelors degree in Chemistry from the University of Tulsa and went on to attain his Ph.D from the University of Minnesota. He is currently a Professor and Chair of Chemistry at St. Olaf College.
Table of Contents
Please note this is the 3rd edition Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Simple Bonding Theory.
4. Symmetry and Group Theory.
5. Molecular Orbitals.
6. Acid-Base and Donor-Acceptor Chemistry.
7. The Crystalline Solid State.
8. Chemistry of the Main Group Elements.
9. Coordination Chemistry I: Structures and Isomers.
10. Coordination Chemistry II: Bonding.
11. Coordination Chemistry III: Electronic Spectra.
12. Coordination Chemistry IV: Reactions and Mechanisms.
13. Organometallic Chemistry.
14. Organometallic Reactions and Catalysis.
15. Parallels Between Main Group and Organometallic Chemistry.
16. Bioinorganic and Environmental Chemistry.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Science and Mathematics » Chemistry » General
Science and Mathematics » Chemistry » Inorganic