- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Prentice Hall Foundations of Philosophy Series series:
Philosophy of Religion (4TH 90 Edition)by John H. Hick
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Revision features an updated discussion on the main topics in the philosophy of religion: the concept of God - grounds for belief in God - ground for disbelief in God - the problem of evil - revelation and faith - problems of religious language - the conflicting falsifiability of religious assertions - the conflicting truth-claims of different religions - human destiny and more.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 143) and index.
Table of Contents
2. The Judaic-Christian Concept of God.
3. Arguments for the Existence of God.
4. Arguments Against the Existence of God.
5. The Problem of Evil.
6. Revelation and Faith.
7. Evidentialism, Foundationalism, and Rational Belief.
8. Problems of Religious Language.
9. The Problem of Verification.
10. The Conflicting Truth: Claims of Different Religions.
11. Human Destiny: Immortality and Resurrection.
12. Human Destiny: Karma and Reincarnation.
For Further Reading.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like