- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Globalization: Capatalism and Its Alternativesby Leslie Sklair
Synopses & Reviews
In this book, based on his highly successful Sociology of the Global System, Leslie Sklair focuses on alternatives to global capitalism, arguing strongly that there are other alternative futures that retain and encourage the positive aspects of globalization whilst identifying what is wrong with capitalism. The book will continue to offer a concise and illuminating treatment of globalization for all students and academics in understanding how the global system works.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -360) and index.
Table of Contents
2. Thinking about the Global
3. From development to globalization
4. Transnational practices
5. Corporations, classes and consumerism
6. Transnational practices in the Third World
7. The culture-ideology of consumerism
8. Communist and postcommunist societies in the capitalist global system
9. China and the global system
10. The end of capitalist globalization?
11. From capitalist globalization to socialist globalization: The transformation to human rights
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like