- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Contemporary Urban Planning (9TH 11 - Old Edition)by John M. Levy
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Updated in a new 9th edition, Contemporary Urban Planning provides readers with in-depth coverage of the historic, economic, political, legal, and environmental factors affecting urban planning.
With updated coverage of the Obama administration’s response to the 2009 economic downturn, Levy also addresses the most pressing issues in urban development today - including the subprime mortgage crisis and home foreclosures, federal funding for public transportation, and new standards for “green” buildings.
Table of Contents
PART I. THE BACKGROUND AND DEVELOPMENT OF CONTEMPORARY PLANNING.
1. An Overview.
2. The Urbanization of America.
3. The History of Planning: Part I.
4. The History of Planning: Part II.
PART II. THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF CONTEMPORARY PLANNING.
5. The Legal Basis of Planning.
6. The Rights of Outsiders
7. Planning and Politics.
8. The Social Issues.
9. The Comprehensive Plan.
10. The Tools of Land-Use Planning.
11. Making Zoning More Flexible
12. Form-Based Zoning
PART III. FIELDS OF PLANNING.
13. Urban Design.
14. Urban Renewal and Community Development.
15. The Housing Bubble and the Problem of Abandonment
16. Transportation Planning.
17. Economic Development Planning.
18. Growth Management, Smart Growth, and Sustainable Development.
19. Environmental and Energy Planning.
20. Environmental Policy During the Bush and Obama Administrations.
21. Planning for Metropolitan Regions.
PART IV. LARGER QUESTIONS.
22. National Planning in the United States.
23. What's Next?
24. Planning in Other Nations.
25. Planning Theory.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
History and Social Science » Politics » General
History and Social Science » Sociology » Urban Studies » City Specific
Textbooks » General