- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Mastering Multicamera Techniques: From Preproduction to Editing and Deliverablesby Mitch Jacobson
Synopses & Reviews
From a basic two-camera interview to an elaborate 26 camera HD concert film, this comprehensive guide presents a platform-agnostic approach to the essential techniques required to set up and edit a multi-camera project. Actual case studies are used to examine specific usages of multi-camera editing and include a variety of genres including concerts, talk shows, reality programming, sit-coms, documentaries for television, event videography and feature films. Other features include:
* Advanced multi-camera techniques and specialty work-flows are examined for tapeless & large scale productions with examples from network TV shows, corporate media projects, event videography, and feature films.
* New techniques for 3D projects, 2k/4k media management and color correction are revealed.
* Technical breakdowns analyze system requirements for monitoring, hard drives & RAIDs, RAM, codecs and computer platforms.
* Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and several other software programs are detailed.
* Tables, charts, screen-grabs, photos, web-links, blogs, tech school lists and other resource tools for further study.
* Unique interviews with the 'Masters of Multi-Cam' including EMMY and academy award-winning directors and editors who share their project notes and give insight to award-winning techniques.
* Platform-agnostic techniques with a review and comparison of a available tools
* Actual broadcast TV show & feature film projects are dissected to reveal a step-by-step approach to managing multi-camera programs
* 'Insider' procedures are revealed for large-scale productions and upcoming 3D editing
* DVD with an array of multi-cam footage allows you to practice your technique
Table of Contents
Preparing for the Shoot; Shooting for Multi-Cam Projects; Timecode & Sync; Tapeless and Digital Acquisition; Avid; FCP; Premiere Pro; Preparing to Edit; Custom Settings; Editing Multi-Cam Projects; Working with Audio; Advanced Multi-Cam Techniques; Integrating Single Camera Elements; Finishing; Media Management; The Future of Multi-Camera Production
What Our Readers Are Saying