- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Quantum Chemistry (7TH 14 Edition)by Ira N. Levine
Synopses & Reviews
Known for its solid presentation of mathematics, this bestseller is a rigorous but accessible introduction to both quantum chemistry and the math needed to master it. Quantum Chemistry, Seventh Edition covers quantum mechanics, atomic structure, and molecular electronic structure, and provides a thorough, unintimidating treatment of operators, differential equations, simultaneous linear equations, and other areas of required math. Practical for readers in all branches of chemistry, the new edition reflects the latest quantum chemistry research and methods of computational chemistry, and clearly demonstrates the usefulness and limitations of current quantum-mechanical methods for the calculation of molecular properties.
Table of Contents
1. The Schrödinger Equation.
2. The Particle in a Box.
4. The Harmonic Oscillator.
5. Angular Momentum.
6. The Hydrogen Atom.
7. Theorems of Quantum Mechanics.
8. The Variation Method.
9. Perturbation Theory.
10. Electron Spin and the Spin-Statistics Theorem.
11. Many-Electron Atoms.
12. Molecular Symmetry.
13. Electronic Structure of Diatomic Molecules.
14. Theorems of Molecular Quantum Mechanics.
15. Molecular Electronic Structure.
16. Electron-Correlation Methods.
17. Semiempirical and Molecular-Mechanics Treatments of Molecules.
Answers to Selected Problems.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Science and Mathematics » Chemistry » Physical Chemistry