- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Running an Effective Help Desk 2ND Editionby Barbara Czegel
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
The definitive guide to setting up and running a successful Help Desk-now updated and expanded to include the latest Web-based technologies.
This book is for you if you are:
* A business manager charged with researching, planning, and setting up a Help Desk in your organization
* An IT manager who wants to improve the level of technical support and communication within your organization with the latest support technologies
* A Help Desk manager looking for guidance on how to upgrade traditional Help Desk functions with Internet- or intranet-related processes.
The thoroughly revised, updated, and expanded Second Edition of the critically acclaimed, first-ever guide to running an effective Help Desk, this book tells you everything you need to know to plan, budget, staff, implement, track, upgrade, and even outsource your organization's Help Desk. Drawing upon her extensive experience as a leading North American expert on Help Desk planning and management, author Barbara Czegel:
* Guides you step-by-step through every phase of setting up traditional and Web-related Help Desks for the Internet and an intranet
* Provides a wealth of practical advice on all technical, management, and human-factor aspects of running an effective Help Desk
* Supplies ready-to-use templates in both Word and HTML formats for an array of Help Desk projects.
On the companion website you'll find:
* Real-life Web-based Help Desk examples
* All the templates from the book in HTML and Word formats.
About the Author
Barbara Czegel is President of SIRIUS3, a consulting company that provides Help Desk training and seminars across Canada. She is also a member of the Help Desk Institute and the Support Services Association.
Table of Contents
INTERNAL HELP DESK PROCESSES.
Problem and Work Management.
Help Desk Tools.
The Internet: Challenge and Opportunity.
Setting Up a Help Desk Internet/Intranet Site.
CASE STUDIES AND EXAMPLE.
Help Desk Case No.
Help Desk Case No.
2: Working Well.
Example: A Help Desk Intranet Web Site.
A Further Resource.
References and Further Reading.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
» Arts and Entertainment » Humor » General