- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Foundations of Play Therapy (03 Edition)by Charles E. (ed.) Schaefer
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Comprehensive coverage of the major theoretical models of play therapy
Foundations of Play Therapy is a complete guide to the many diverse approaches to play therapy methods used in clinical practice with children, adolescents, and adults. Edited by Charles Schaefer, a leader in the field, and featuring an expert panel of contributors, this comprehensive reference provides detailed descriptions of all of the major theoretical models of play therapy and offers the reader practical examples of how to apply each model in practice.
Top experts in the field present up-to-date and insightful coverage of the fourteen major theories of play therapy:
Foundations of Play Therapy is a valuable resource for psychologists, counselors, social workers, school counselors, and an essential text for training students and professionals interested in the field of play therapy.
In this text, expert contributors give detailed descriptions of all the major theoretical approaches to play therapy. Each chapter is written in the same format and includes the foundations, recent developments and case examples of applications of the theoretical approach being discussed.
In this new book, expert contributors give detailed descriptions of all the major theoretical approaches to play therapy. Each chapter is written in the same format and includes the foundations, recent developments, and case examples of applications of the theoretical approach being discussed.
About the Author
CHARLES E. SCHAEFER, PhD, maintains a private practice in child psychotherapy in Hackensack, New Jersey, and is Professor of Psychology in the Psychology Department at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey. He is cofounder and Director Emeritus of the Association for Play Therapy and codirector of the Play Therapy Training Institute in New Jersey. He is also author or editor of more than fifty books on parenting, child psychology, and play therapy.
Table of Contents
About the Editor.
1. Psychoanalytic Play Therapy (Richard Bromfield).
2. Jungian Analytical Play Therapy (J. Craig Peery).
3. Adlerian Play Therapy (Terry Kottman).
4. Child-Centered Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney and Garry Landreth).
5. Filial Play Therapy (Louise Guerney).
6. Gestalt Play Therapy (Violet Oaklander).
7. Theraplay: Attachment-Enhancing Play Therapy (Evangeline Munns).
8. Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy (Susan Knell).
9. Family Play Therapy: "The Bear with Short Nails" (Eliana Gil).
10. Group Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney).
11. Ecosystemic Play Therapy (Kevin O'Connor and Debra New).
12. Phenomenological Play Therapy (Bertha Mook).
13. Object-Relations/Thematic Play Therapy (Helen Benedict).
14. Prescriptive Play Therapy (Charles Schaefer).
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like