- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Fortran 90 Enginners (95 Edition)by Delores M. Etter
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
* Five-step problem solving process. A five-step methodology for solving problems is used throughout the text. Each step is clearly identified to help students focus on the process of breaking a problem into smaller components and then addressing the smaller components throughout the text. The five steps are:
* State the problem clearly.
* Describe the input and the output.
* Work the problem by hand (or with a calculator) for a specific set of data.
* Develop a solution that is general in nature.
* Test the algorithm with a variety of data sets.
* Key Topics Covered - arithmetic computations, control structures, array processing, external procedures, and data types, and pointers.
* Includes real-world applications throughout.
This brief introductory text teaches readers how to write programs in Fortran 90. It covers programming basics, and uses a five-step method for solving engineering problems.
Table of Contents
* Solving Problems with Fortran 90
* Arithmetic Computations and Simple Programs
* Control Constructs
* Engineering and Scientific Data Files
* Array Processing
* External Procedures
* Additional Data Types
* An Introduction to Pointers
Appendix A: Fortran 90 Intrinsic Functions
Solutions to Try It! Exercises
Answers to Selected Problems
What Our Readers Are Saying