- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the New Directions for Adult & Continuing Education series:
Understanding and Negotiating the Political Landscape of Adult Education (01 Edition)by Catherine A. Hansman
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Provides key insights into the politics and policy issues in adult education today. Offering effective strategies for reflection and action, chapters explore issues in examination and negotiation of the political aspects of higher education, adult educators in K-12-focused colleges of education, literacy education, social welfare reform, professional organizations, and identity of the field. A valuable guidebook for educators meeting the political challenges in adult education policies, programs, and everyday practices.
This is the 91st journal in the Jossey-Bass series New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education.
This is the 91st journal in the Jossey-Bass series New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education,
Table of Contents
EDITORS' NOTES (Catherine A. Hansman, Peggy A. Sissel).
1. Thinking Politically: A Framework for Adult and Continuing Education (Peggy A. Sissel).
2. The Politics of Neglect: Adult Learners in Higher Education (Peggy A. Sissel, Catherine A. Hansman, Carol E. Kasworm).
3. Negotiating the Democratic Classroom (Scipio A. J. Colin III, Thomas W. Heaney).
4. Achieving Voice and Security in Colleges of Education (Michael J. Day, Donna Amstutz, Donna Whitson).
5. The Gendered Construction of the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (Barbara Sparks).
6. Living in the Feudalism of Adult Basic and Literacy Education: Can We Negotiate a Literacy Democracy? (B. Allan Quigley).
7. Political Hotbeds: Professional Organizations as Policymakers (Phyllis M. Cunningham).
8. Professionalization: A Politics of Identity (Arthur L. Wilson).
9. The Political Landscape of Adult Education: From the Personal to Political and Back Again (Catherine A. Hansman).
What Our Readers Are Saying