- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Playwright's Workbook (97 Edition)by Jean-claude Van Itallie
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
A series of 13 written workshops covering: conflict and character: the dominant image: Tennessee Williams and Arthur Miller * Overheard voices: Ibsen and Shakespeare * The solo performance piece: listening for stories * Terror and vulnerability: Ionesco * The point of absurdity: creating without possessing: Pinter and Beckett * and much more.
Among the subjects covered:
- Conflict and Character: The Dominant Image; Tennessee Williams and Arthur Miller
- Dialogue and the Spoken Word: Overheard Voices; Ibsen and Shakespeare
- Creating the Solo Performance Piece: Listening for Stories
- Dialogues and Monologues: The Power of the "What"
- Terror and Vulnerability: Ionesco
- The Point of Absurdity: Creating without Possessing; Pinter and Beckett
- The Alienation Effect: People using People; Bertolt Brecht and Antonin Artaud
- Dreams and Ceremony: Chekhov and Soap Opera
- The Breathing of a Play: The Order of Scenes
- Editing and Rewriting: Writing in Pursuit
- Moving toward Production: Collaboration
-Why Write for Theatre?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Drama » Directing and Production