- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Sex Work (2ND 98 Edition)by Frederique Delacoste
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
The first and possibly only book to be reviewed favorably in both The Women's Review of Books and Hustler, Sex Work popularized the term "sex work" to describe the occupations of street prostitutes, exotic dancers, nude models, escorts, porn actresses, and workers in massage parlors, and so changed the way we talk about sex and money. Features the original stories of women in the life, including writings by Sapphire, Nina Hartley, and Joan Nestle.
Updated for the Second Edition:
* Sex Workers' response to AIDS
* Latest information on the legal status of sex work in the United States, Europe, and Asia
* Growth of the international prostitutes' rights movement
* Bibliography, revised to reflect a decades worth of writing and publishing on sex work
* Resources, including activist organizations and publications—many just a Web click away
A landmark collection of writings by street prostitutes, exotic dancers, nude models, escorts, porn stars, and massage parlor workers. Since publication in 1987, SEX WORK has generated much discussion and has changed the language we use to talk about sex for money.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General