- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Cook This, Not That!kitchen Survival Guide (10 Edition)by Zincenko
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Did you know the average dinner from a chain restaurant costs nearly $35 a person and contains more than 1,200 calories? Thats hard on your wallet and your waistline, and few people understand this better than the authors of Eat This, Not That! After years of helping consumers navigate Americas daunting culinary landscape - and literally thousands of weight-loss success stories - Dave and Matt have finally turned their nutritional savvy to the place with the greatest impact - your kitchen. The hundreds of recipes contained inside this book will help you and your loved ones eliminate body fat, get in shape, and lead fitter, happier lives.
But make no mistake - this is no rice-and-tofu cookbook. The genius of Cook This, Not That! is that it teaches you how to save hundreds - sometimes thousands - of calories by recreating Americas most popular restaurant dishes, including Outback Steakhouses Roasted Filet with Port Wine Sauce, Uno Chicago Grills Individual Deep Dish Pizza, and Chilis Fire Grilled Chicken Fajita. Alongside this youll find other priceless advice, such as:
· The 37 Ways to Cook a Chicken Breast, A Dozen 10-Minute Pasta Sauces, The Ultimate Sandwich Matrix, and other on-the-go cooking tips.
· Scorecards that let you easily compare the nutritional quality of the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins that go into building every meal you eat.
· The truth about how seemingly healthy foods such as wheat bread, salmon, and low-fat snacks are secretly sabotaging your health.
Filled with decadent yet low-calorie recipes, healthy cooking techniques, and plenty of savvy nutritional strategies to help people eat better, the latest addition to the Eat This Not That! series teaches readers how to enjoy their favorite foods without all the calories.
Did you know the average dinner from a chain restaurant contains more than 1,200 calories and costs nearly $35 a person? Few people understand the perils of eating out better than the authors of Eat This, Not That , and after years of investigating menus and dissecting nutritional information in an effort to help diners make smarter choices, they're back with the best cash-saving weight loss weapon of all: a book filled with decadent yet low-calorie recipes, healthy cooking techniques, and plenty of savvy nutritional strategies to help people eat better and lose weight without ever dieting again.
The authors take their winning formula into the kitchen to teach readers how to enjoy all of their favorite restaurant foods at a fraction of the price and the caloric impact. Features include:
- healthy recipes for 100 of the country's most indulgent dishes, from Blue Cheeseburgers with Melted Onions to Blackened Steak Fajitas to the 200-Calorie Hot Fudge Sundae
- dozens of strategies for cutting calories and saving cash while stocking your pantry
- chapters filled with life-changing cooking tips and sidebars like 37 Ways to Cook a Chicken Breast, A Dozen 10-Minute Pasta Sauces, and the Ultimate Sandwich Matrix
About the Author
DAVID ZINCZENKO is editor-in-chief of Mens Health and editorial director of Womens Health.
MATT GOULDING is a food and nutrition editor of Mens Health.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like
Cooking and Food » Diet and Nutrition » General