- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Kink: the Shocking Hidden Sex Lives of Americansby Susan Crain Bakos
Synopses & Reviews
Take a walk on the wild side...
Internationally renowned sex author Susan Crain Bakos has traveled far into the American psyche and has returned with a provocative survey of sexual adventures. From fetishists to bondage fans, from piercers to disciplinarians, she reveals the kinky secrets of seemingly "normal" people, including:
* The handsome executive who enjoys his wife, but requires a dominatrix for himself.
* The church-reared woman who enjoys spanking.
* The S/M sex clubs in large cities and small towns who cater to a special clientele-- but not who you'd expect.
* The psychologist who knows submission is her ideal state.
* The couple who host S/M bondage parties for every kind of kink.
* The husband who convinced his wife to video themselves and their friends making love.
Find out what has driven so many people to their sexual limits.
Bakos delves into fascinating and elaborate subcultures that revolve around different forms of kink--from the suburban bedrooms of couples who seem "normal" to sex clubs and private rooms where domination and submission in all variations is carried out for those who can't, or don't, get enough at home. Martin's Press.
About the Author
Susan Crain Bakos is known the world over as a writer on sex, from nonfiction books (What Men Really Want, Sexual Pleasures), to a novel (The Female Superior Position). She writes many articles for magazines such as Penthouse, Redbook, and Cosmopolitan, and is currently editor of the New Women's Forum. She lives outside of New York City.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like