- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Healthby Elizabeth Gunther Stewart and Paula Spencer
Synopses & Reviews
The Groundbreaking Guide Every Woman Needs
With The V Book, women will learn everything they need to know about the basics of vulvovaginal—or “V”-health, an essential yet often overlooked area of womens health. Dr. Elizabeth G. Stewart, the nations foremost expert in vulvovaginal care and sexual-pain disorders, answers the questions about the all too common “V” ailments that women are embarrassed to discuss even with their doctors.
Drawing upon the latest medical research and two decades of experience treating thousands of women in her specialized gynecological practice, Dr. Stewart has compiled a wealth of information and advice. This
comprehensive and authoritative guide for women of all ages includes:
• How your vulvovaginal concerns change throughout the life cycle, from your teens through menopause and beyond
• How to pick a good gynecologist, and how to ask the right questions
• Dos and donts of V hygiene—and why sometimes less is better
• The safest use of tampons, pads, and pantiliners
• How to handle common symptoms, such as redness, itching, dryness, and discharge
• Which medical tests you should insist upon from your doctor
• Tips for safe and pleasurable sex, and what to do when sexual intercourse is painful
• The latest research on vulvodynia, the vaginal pain syndrome that wont go away
• Diagnosing and treating yeast infections, allergies, and other ailments
• What to do if your doctor detects cancer or precancer cells
And much, much more...
Considering how much is known about reproductive health and fertility, reliable medical information about the vulva and vagina is embarrassingly scarce. Now Dr. Stewart, the nation's foremost expert in vulvovaginal health, gives women their first comprehensive guide.
About the Author
Elizabeth Gunther Stewart, M.D., FACOG, a Boston-based gynecologist, is director of the Stewart-Forbes Vulvovaginal Specialty Service at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. Dr. Stewart is also Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard Medical School and a member of Brigham and Women's Hospital staff. She speaks extensively about vulvovaginal disease to medical professionals. Her perspectives as a full-time vulvovaginal practitioner, a researcher, and a teacher shape her prominence as one of the leading voices advocating the emerging importance of her specialty. This book is an extension of her lectures, her clinical experience with patients, and patient-education materials she has prepared for them.
Paula Spencer is a freelance writer whose eight books include The V Book and Momfidence!: An Oreo Never Killed Anybody and Other Secrets of Happier Parenting. Author of the “Momfidence!” column in Womans Day, she is also a contributing editor to Parenting and Baby Talk. She lives with her husband and four children in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like