- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Lonely Planet Greek Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Language Survival Kit)by Athanasios Spilias
Synopses & Reviews
Let's get philosophical. As Socrates said, 'Let him that would move the world first move himself.' Move yourself to say a few things, open this book. It'll make a world of difference.
*Packed with information on culture and etiquette
*Talk politics, play cards or dance the pendozali
*Concise and practical grammar chapter will get you started on the right foot
*Extensive food section will prepare you to eat at any time and at any occasion
*Get the most out of Ancient Greece with sections on archaeological and historical terms
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 27, 2004
"...Lonely Planet phrase books have long taken a hip, streetwise approach."
With essential words and phrases travelers need, these indispensable pocket-sized language guides feature extensive vocabulary lists and easy-to-follow pronunciation keys. Each includes a sentence builder and a two-way dictionary.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like