- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
More copies of this ISBN
Lonely Planet French Phrasebook 2ND Editionby Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Phrasebook in hand, bus ticket secured, you discover the bus driver shares your passion for Monet and fromage. He invited you to meet his family over a long lunch - another language-inspired success.
-extensive two-way dictionary & user-friendly sentence builder
-pronunciation for every word
-how to have fun with the French: food, wine and romance
-traveling basics: transport, health and shopping
-useful culinary dictionary for exploring gourmet options
"...Lonely Planet phrase books have long taken a hip, streetwise approach."--Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 27, 2004
Covering all essential parts of the French language, this phrasebook includes a two-way dictionary; local usage; slang; grammar; and pronunciation. Conversation topics such as sport, current issues, environment and romance are provided.
Phrasebook in hand, bus ticket secured, you discover the bus driver shares your passion for Monet and fromage. He invites you to meet his family over a long lunch - another language-inspired success.
Our phrasebooks give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases in more than 120 languages. Chat with the locals and discover their culture - a guaranteed way to enrich your travel experience.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like