- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Warplanes of the Fleet
Synopses & Reviews
Fielding one of the world's largest and most potent air forces, the US Navy operates a plethora of warplanes from the decks of its carriers - from state-of-the-art fighters, electronic jammers and surveillance platforms to training, tanking, rescue and on-board delivery assets. Warplanes of the Fleet examines the Navy's 10 carrier-based aircraft (including helicopters) in extraordinary detail, describing their development, avionics, weapon systems, missions and unit operators. This important reference work is packed with information, and superbly illustrated throughout with hundreds of color photos and detailed artwork. The aircraft profiled include: F/A-18C/D Hornet; F/A-18E/F Super Hornet; F-14 Tomcat; Ea-6B Prowler; E-2 Hawkeye; S-3 Viking; C-2 Greyhound; T-45 Goshawk; HH/MH/SH-60 Seahawk; and MH-53 Sea Dragon.
- This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date volume describing today's U.S. carrier-borne aircraft.
- No other book has described all 10 types in a single volume.
- No other book presents such an authoritative text nor the rich variety of photos and artwork that illustrate these important aircraft.
- An incredible value at $29.95.
- An invaluable resource for military professionals, military historians, and enthusiasts.
What Our Readers Are Saying