- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the Term Paper Resource Guides series:
Term Paper Resource Guide to Nineteenth-Century World Historyby William T. Walker
Synopses & Reviews
Show students an exciting and easy path to a deep learning experience through original term paper suggestions in standard and alternative formats, including recommended books, websites, and multimedia. Students from high school age to undergraduate can get a jumpstart on assignments with the hundreds of term paper suggestions and research information offered here in an easy-to-use format. Users can quickly choose from the 100 important events, spanning the period from the Haitian Revolution that ended in 1804 to the Boer War of 1899-1902.
With this book, the research experience is transformed and elevated. Term Paper Resource Guide to Nineteenth-Century World History is a superb source with which to motivate and educate students who have a wide range of interests and talents. Coverage includes key wars and revolts, independence movements, and theories that continue to have tremendous impact.
Book News Annotation:
Walker (history, Chestnut Hill College) provides a guide for students to writing term papers related to nineteenth-century world history. He lists chronologically 100 historically significant events that could be used as topics for papers, with an overview of the event, term paper suggestions, alternate formats like podcasts, journal entries, and news articles, and annotated lists of primary and secondary sources, websites, and multimedia sources. Events were chosen based on their historical significance, availability of source materials, and interest to students. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
• Each event entry begins with a brief summary to pique interest
• Each entry offers original and thought-provoking term paper ideas in both standard and alternative formats that often incorporate the latest in electronic media, such as the iPod and iMovie
• The best in primary and secondary sources for further research are annotated
• Vetted, stable website suggestions and multimedia resources, usually videos, are noted for further viewing
• Alternative term paper suggestions encourage role-playing to personalize the learning experience
With this guide, major help for nineteenth-century World History term papers has arrived to enrich and stimulate students in challenging and enjoyable ways.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Education » Teaching » Social Studies