- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Other titles in the HBR's 10 Must Reads series:
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (Harvard Business Review)by Harvard Business Review (cor)
Synopses & Reviews
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them.
If you read nothing else on managing people, read these 10 articles (featuring Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman). We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you maximize your employees' performance.
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People will inspire you to:
Tailor your management styles to fit your people
Motivate with more responsibility, not more money
Support first-time managers
Build trust by soliciting input
Teach smart people how to learn from failure
Build high-performing teams
Manage your boss
This collection of best-selling articles includes: featured article "Leadership That Gets Results" by Daniel Goleman, "One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?" "The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome," "Saving Your Rookie Managers from Themselves," "What Great Managers Do," "Fair Process: Managing in the Knowledge Economy," "Teaching Smart People How to Learn," "How (Un)ethical Are You?" "The Discipline of Teams," and "Managing Your Boss."
About the Author
HBR's 10 Must Reads paperback series is the definitive collection of books for new and experienced leaders alike. Leaders looking for the inspiration that big ideas provide, both to accelerate their own growth and that of their companies, should look no further.
HBR's 10 Must Reads series focuses on the core topics that every ambitious manager needs to know: leadership, strategy, change, managing people, and managing yourself. Harvard Business Review has sorted through hundreds of articles and selected only the most essential reading on each topic. Each title includes timeless advice that will be relevant regardless of an ever-changing business environment.
Classic ideas, enduring advice, the best thinkers: HBR's 10 Must Reads.
Table of Contents
1. Leadership That Gets Results Daniel Goleman
2. One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees? Frederick Herzberg
3. The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome Manzoni, Jean-Francois and Barsoux, Jean-Louis
4. Saving Your Rookie Managers from Themselves Walker, Carol A.
5. What Great Managers Do Buckingham, Marcus
6. Fair Process: Managing in the Knowledge Economy Kim, W. Chan and Mauborgne, Renée
7. Teaching Smart People How to Learn Argyris, Chris
8. How (Un)ethical Are You? Banaji, Mahzarin R.; Bazerman, Max H.; and Chugh, Dolly
9. The Discipline of Teams Katzenbach, Jon R. and Smith, Douglas K.
10. Managing Your Boss John J. Gabarro and John P. Kotter
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like