- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Other titles in the For Dummies series:
Prince2 for Dummiesby Nick Graham
Synopses & Reviews
Whatever your project - no matter how big or small - PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition is the perfect guide to using this project management method to help ensure its success.
Fully updated with the 2009 practice guidelines, this book will take you through every step of a project - from planning and establishing roles to closing and reviewing - offering practical and easy-to-understand advice on using PRINCE2. It also shows how to use the method when approaching the key concerns of project management, including setting up effective controls, managing project risk, managing quality and controlling change. PRINCE2 allows you to divide your project into manageable chunks, so you can make realistic plans and know when resources will be needed. PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition provides you with a comprehensive guide to its systems, procedures and language so you can run efficient and successful projects.
PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition includes:
Part I: How PRINCE Can Help You
- Chapter 1: So What's a Project Method and Why Do I Need to Use One?
- Chapter 2: Outlining the Structure of PRINCE2
- Chapter 3: Getting Real Power from PRINCE2
Part II: Working Through Your Project
- Chapter 4: Checking the Idea Before You Start
- Chapter 5: Planning the Whole Project: Initiation
- Chapter 6: Preparing for a Stage in the Project
- Chapter 7: Controlling a Stage
- Chapter 8: Building the Deliverables - the Work of the Teams
- Chapter 9: Finishing the Project
- Chapter 10: Running Effective Project Boards
Part III: Help with PRINCE Project Management
- Chapter 11: Producing and Updating the Business Case
- Chapter 12: Deciding Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter 13: Managing Project Quality
- Chapter 14: Planning the Project, Stages, and Work Packages
- Chapter 15: Managing Project Risk
- Chapter 16: Controlling Change and Controlling Versions
- Chapter 17: Monitoring Progress and Setting Up Effective Controls
Part IV: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Make PRINCE Work Well
- Chapter 19: Ten Tips for a Good Business Case
- Chapter 20: Ten Things for Successful Project AssurancePart V: Appendices
- Appendix A: Looking into PRINCE Qualifications
- Appendix B: Glossary of the Main PRINCE2 Terms
Achieve business success with this leading project management technique
PRINCE2TM is a powerful project management method that helps users plan and control their projects effectively. Fully updated with the 2009 edition of PRINCE, this accessible guide takes you through the ins and outs of the method and shows you how to apply it effectively. Whatever industry you work in, and however large or small your project, this user-friendly advice will help you achieve professional success and stay in control.
"Successful projects are the result of people working hard, with discipline, using one common approach. This book explains PRINCE2 in a practical way using easy-to-follow language. If you use PRINCE2, this book is a must have."
—Philipp Straehl, Managing Partner, VSM Consultancy
Open the book and find:
Go to Dummies.com® for videos, step-by-step examples, how-to articles or to shop!
About the Author
Nick Graham is a director and founder of the project consultancy and training company Inspirandum Ltd and is a member of the Association for Project Management and the Institute of Directors. A qualified teacher and project manager, Nick has long experience in the PRINCE2 method. He delivers project training for private sector and public organisations throughout the UK and worldwide.
Table of Contents
Part I: How PRINCE2 Can Help You.
Chapter 1: So What’s a Project Method and Why Do I Need to Use One?
Chapter 2: Outlining the Structure of PRINCE2.
Chapter 3: Getting Real Power from PRINCE2.
Part II: Working Through Your Project.
Chapter 4: Checking the Idea Before You Start.
Chapter 5: Planning the Whole Project: Initiation.
Chapter 6: Preparing for a Stage in the Project.
Chapter 7: Controlling a Stage.
Chapter 8: Building the Deliverables.
Chapter 9: Finishing the Project.
Chapter 10: Running Effective Project Boards.
Part III: Help with PRINCE2 Project Management.
Chapter 11: Producing and Updating the Business Case.
Chapter 12: Deciding Roles and Responsibilities.
Chapter 13: Managing Project Quality.
Chapter 14: Planning the Project, Stages and Work Packages.
Chapter 15: Managing Project Risk.
Chapter 16: Controlling Change and Versions.
Chapter 17: Monitoring Progress and Setting Up Effective Controls.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Make PRINCE2 Work Well.
Chapter 19: Ten Tips for a Good Business Case.
Chapter 20: Ten Things for Successful Project Assurance.
Part V: Appendices.
Appendix A: Looking into PRINCE2 Qualifications.
Appendix B: Glossary of the Main PRINCE2 Terms.
What Our Readers Are Saying