- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Evidence-Based Medicine Toolkitby Carl Heneghan
Synopses & Reviews
The second edition of this concise and easy to use quick reference to the basics of evidence-based medicine. This is a pocket book used for rapid reference to terminology and implementation - is user friendly and visually very appealing. The current edition includes the basics, and has been updated to include sections on economic evaluations, qualitative research and the lack of evidence. The new edition relects the changes in the field, such as the emergence of systematic reviews of diagnostic research, and new evidence on the importance of different sources of bias in RCTs and systematic reviews.
This bestselling pocket guide to the skills of evidence-based medicine succeeds in demystifying the terminology and processes in a handy and easy-to-follow format, all within the space of 100 pages.
About the Author
Carl Heneghan, Research Fellow, Centre for Evidence-based Medicine and Specialist Registrar, Department of Primary Care, University of Oxford, UK
Douglas Badenoch, Minervation Ltd, Oxford, UK
Table of Contents
2. Asking answerable questions.
3. Finding the evidence: how to get the most from your searching.
4. Critical appraisal of guidelines.
5. Appraising systematic reviews.
6. Appraising diagnosis articles.
7. Appraising articles on harm/aetiology.
8. Appraising prognosis studies.
9. Appraising therapy articles.
10. Appraising qualitative studies.
11. Appraising economic evaluations.
12. Applying the evidence.
13. Evidence-based medicine: glossary of terms.
14. Selected evidence-based healthcare resources on the web.
15. Levels of evidence.
16. Study designs.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Evidence-Based Medicine