- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
As I See It: My View from the Inside Outby Tom Sullivan
Synopses & Reviews
Bestselling author Tom Sullivan explores life without sight and finds it rich and rewarding. In fact, he's gleaned a number of gifts from his affliction, including these:
- I've never assessed my relationship with people according to the limits of labels or assumption.
- I've enjoyed a world of senses available to all of us but almost never explored by the majority of those of you with sight.
- I've made challenge the road to limitless opportunity.
- I've cultivated a clear sense of my own purpose.
- I've learned to treasure people, engaging with them as I find them, without expectation or any predisposition.
- I have also learned to be passionate, celebrating my own uniqueness through the expression of that passion.
- Along the way, I have found a powerful faith that has become my foundation for living and learned to love unconditionally through the interdependent relationship I share with my wife, Patty, and my children.
Through insightful stories and emotive writing, Tom describes a life of fullness, not lack, as he's made blindness a positive. For Tom Sullivan--author, actor, producer, singer, entertainer, and producer--a life with blindness has still been a life with very few true limits. In this elegant, emotive exploration of the senses, he considers the different challenges he's faced and explains the wonder he carries because--not in spite--of his blindness.
An inspirational memoir of a man's rich life experiences without sight, but with an enormous sense of wonder in the world around him.
Born prematurely in 1947, Tom Sullivan was given too much oxygen while in an incubator. Though it saved his life, it cost him his eyesight. The “inconvenience” of being blind has never kept Tom Sullivan from competing in a world where he realized that to be equal, for him, meant that he must be better.
As an actor, singer, entertainer, author, and producer, Tom describes life without sight. He’s gleaned a number of gifts from his “affliction,” including cultivating a sense of his own purpose, treasuring people without expectation or predisposition, and celebrating his own uniqueness. For Tom a life with blindness has still been a life with very few true limits.
Through insightful stories, Tom shows how he’s made blindness a positive. In this elegant, emotive exploration of the senses, he considers the different challenges he’s faced and explains the wonder he carries because—not in spite—of his blindness.
About the Author
Tom Sullivan is an actor, singer, entertainer, author, and producer. Tom’s guest stints on television led to two Emmy nominations. A major motion picture was based on his autobiography, If You Could See What I Hear. Tom now writes and produces for television and film and is a highly sought-after motivational speaker. He is the author of fiction, nonfiction, and children’s books.
What Our Readers Are Saying