- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
The Old Farmer's Almanac (Old Farmer's Almanac)by Old Farmer Almanac
Synopses & Reviews
Americas best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac contains “everything under the Sun, including the Moon”—facts, feature articles, and advice that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.”
The 2013 edition, which marks the publications 221st anniversary, will feature
• weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus hints of how a low sunspot cycle could influence conditions in the coming years
• the most accurate astronomical data in the solar system, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• safe and easy home remedies for each seasons most common—and uncomfortable—aches and ailments
• fail-safe gardening tips to ensure a hefty harvest, ideas for using vegetable plants as ornamentals, plus gardening by the Moon
• delicious recipes for homebaked cakes, cookies, and pies; plus readers best bacon dishes
• amusing and enlightening articles on raising children, kisses, and why pets bite (and how to stop them)
and much, much more!
Added value this year:
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts
As surely as the Sun rises in the east and maple leaves turn color in autumn, The Old Farmer’s Almanac is back—and it’s better than ever!
Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, America’s best-loved annual and oldest continuously published periodical (now in its 224th year!) promises to be “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” once again fulfilling both the mission set forth by its founder, Robert B. Thomas, and readers’ expectations. This edition is packed with wit, wisdom, tips, advice, facts, fun, and recipes, including:
• traditionally 80 percent–accurate weather forecasts
• how to make sausages at home
• “creatures from hell”
• grow your own beer (ingredients)
• time- and money-saving tips
• unmasked mysteries of plant seed dispersal
• bale, key, and concrete block gardens
• quirky origins of American horse breeds
• history, lore, and more about birthstones
Plus, Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, gardening tables, best days to do things, and more.
Added value this year:
• 96 full-color pages
• full-color winter and summer weather maps
• updated Reference section
Often imitated, but never equaled. Accept no substitutes!
Accept no substitutes! Americas oldest continuously published periodical and best-loved annual is often imitated but never equaled. This is the one, the only, Old Farmers Almanac! Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, the Almanac for 2014 promises to be "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor," fulfilling once again (for the 222nd time) the mission set forth in 1792 by its founder, Robert B. Thomas. In addition to its 80 percent-accurate weather, this years signature mix of wit and wisdom, tips and advice, forecasts and fun includes . . . • an astronomy quiz to test your Sky-Q • anglers six favorite fish and secrets to hooking them • vegetables and other perennial edibles to grow • the time in our lives: where it goes, ways to make the most of it, and more • the whole truth about whole grains • how to get bitten by a pet (if youre not careful) • rings around Earth (think Saturn) that might influence our weather • health tips for each zodiac sign • envelope and napkin jottings that changed the world • plus: Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, historic trivia, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention! Added value this year: • 80 full-color pages • full-color winter and summer weather maps • updated Reference section
How can you find your perfect mate? Who was the first to eat a corned beef sandwich in space? What is “cheddaring”? The answers to these and hundreds of other questions are found in this cleverly illustrated box calendar filled with curious facts, folklore, tips, quotes, proverbs, and puzzles. Every page, every day is “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.”
Perfect for busy schedules, this attractive week-at-a-glance desk calendar provides ample space for appointments and notes. Plus, its loaded with daily advice, fun facts, quotes, weather proverbs, folklore, and much more to make every day a delight. There are also pages to record addresses, birthdays and anniversaries, and plans for the future.
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
What Our Readers Are Saying