- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Penguin Classics series:
Cyrano de Bergerac (Penguin Classics)by Edmond Rostand
Synopses & Reviews
ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED
BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
Edmond Rostand's classic romance tells the unforgettable story of one unique man's bravery, loyalty, and unspoken love.
EACH ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
- A concise introduction that gives readers important background information
- A chronology of the author's life and work
- A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
- An outline of key themes and plot points to help readers form their own interpretations
- Detailed explanatory notes
- Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
- Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
- A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience
Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world's finest books to their full potential.
SERIES EDITED BY CYNTHIA BRANTLEY JOHNSON
The legendary romance about a quick-witted swashbuckler whose nose is as big as his heart
Set during the reign of Louis XIII, Cyrano de Bergerac is a play about one of the most estimable characters in literature. Desperately in love with the beautiful Roxane but convinced she will never look past his titanic proboscis, Cyrano helps the tongue-tied Christian pen exquisite verse with which to woo her. Presented in an elegant new translation, this comic adventure continues to be popular for its dramatic power and, above all, its magnetic hero.
* Includes an introduction, chronology, explanatory notes, and historical note
These timeless Enriched Classics editions include a concise Introduction that gives readers detailed background information on each work, a chronology of the author's life and career, and a timeline of significant events to provide historical context. Original.
About the Author
Edmond Rostand (18681918) was a French playwright whose other works include The Princess Faraway, The Woman of Samaria, and LAiglon.
Carol Clark is an emeritus fellow of Balliol College, Oxford. She has previously translated Baudelaire for Penguin Classics.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Architecture » General