- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the DV Expert series:
Audio Postproduction for Film and Video (DV Expert)by Jay Rose
Synopses & Reviews
New to this edition:
* Learn how many Hollywood techniques--previously impractical on video--can help solve problems on smaller productions
* Expanded cookbook recipes section
* Technically updated throughout
Make your soundtracks as good as your pictures with this compendium of professional audio techniques that can be adapted to desktop post. Specializing in sound after the shoot, this book features many practical examples, cookbook recipes, and tutorials. Audio theory, when necessary, is presented in plain English with plenty of visual analogies.
FAQs, full explanations, and from-the-trenches tips address the complete range of processes from wiring and hardware to testing the final mix. The one-hour audio CD features platform-independent diagnostics, demonstrations, and tutorial tracks. Novices will learn how to improve their soundtrack--even after the actors have gone home. Experienced producers will learn how to solve technical and creative problems quickly.
You'll get recipes and step-by-step instructions on how to:
* build an efficient and reliable audio post setup
* plan and budget a good soundtrack
* get sound into your NLE without losing quality or sync
* edit voices and music
* record Foley and ADR
* find music and use it effectively
* find and create your own sound effects
* shape sounds with equalization, reverb, noise reduction, and more
* produce the final mix
* test the final product for various media
Please visit the author's website for additional resources: www.dplay.com/book/app
* Popular DV Magazine columnist Jay Rose makes it easy to improve your soundtrack
* Includes "cookbook recipes"--step-by-step solutions for common audio processing operations
* One-hour audio CD includes platform-independent diagnostics, demonstrations, and tutorial tracks to load into your NLE
After-the-shoot solutions, professional techniques, and cookbook recipes to make your project sound better.
About the Author
Clio-and Emmy-award-winning sound engineer Jay Rose is creative director of the Digital Playroom. Specializing in post-production audio, his clients include PBS, Buena Vista Home Video, and Turner Network Television. Rose has written about audio for Videography, Recording, and Premiere Full Motion magazines.
Magazine, and a popular lecturer at MacWorld, DV Expo, and other industry gatherings. His website, dplay.com, averages 9,000 hits each week.
Table of Contents
FAQ; Vibrations to Bolts to Bits; The Studio: Acoustics and Monitoring; The Studio: Equipment and Wiring; The Studio: Audio Software; Planning the Track; Getting Audio into the Computer; Voice-over Recording and Dialog Replacement; Editing Dialog; Finding and Editing Music; Working with Sound Effects; Equalization; Dynamics Control; Time-Domain Effects; Time and Pitch Manipulation; Noise Reduction; Other Effects; The Mix; After the Mix
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Film and Television » General