- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose the Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Selfby Colette Baron Reid
Synopses & Reviews
Here’s the truth: Other people’s drama is making you fat.
You’re a good person. You feel for other people’s troubles and challenges. Heck, you’re probably the go-to person for a whole list of people when the going gets tough!
But is your caring nature keeping you out of the best shape of your life?
Break the cycle and be the loving person you are—without letting other people’s drama keep you from being a hot mamma!
Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much focuses on the keys to weight loss for sensitive people. With a simple, practical program, bestselling author and internationally renowned intuitive counselor Colette Baron-Reid shows you how to release the extra pounds and create a new, healthy relationship with your body, your weight, and food.
This 4-step, 8-week program will show you how to finally let go of what’s weighing you down, physically and emotionally. You will learn how to:
• Reverse empathy overload and establish healthy boundaries
• Avoid the “noisy” trigger foods that lead to autopilot eating
• Deal with challenging situations and avoid your detours, from procrastination to perfectionism, that sabotage the success you deserve
This book is your guide to having a new healthy, loving relationship with your food and your feelings. It’s the end to other people’s drama—and the beginning to the body (and life) you deserve!
From internationally renowned intuitive counselor, life coach, motivational speaker, and author Colette Baron-Reid, a four-step, eight-week program for managing empathy overload--the hidden cause of unwanted weight gain
Through her own personal experience and work with thousands of clients, Colette Baron-Reid understands the real reason many of us struggle to lose weight and keep it off. It isn't that we don't know what to eat or that we don't have enough willpower; it's that we are responding to feeling too much.
Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much focuses on the keys to weight loss for sensitive people: managing empathy, setting and maintaining healthy boundaries, eating to support well-being, and dealing with challenging situations that can trigger disordered eating. With a simple, practical program, Colette shows you how to release the extra pounds and create a new, healthy relationship with your body, your weight, and food.
About the Author
COLETTE BARON-REID is an internationally renowned intuitive counselor, life coach, and author. Through a 22-year practice, she has advised over 34,000 clients in 29 countries and for three years toured as the opening speaker with Hay House. Colette's Master Intuitive Coach Institute certifies others in her transformational coaching techniques. "The Colette Baron-Reid Show" airs twice weekly on CBS-owned New Sky Radio and she has appeared on The Dr. Phil Show, "Oprah and Friends" with Dr. Oz and "Coast To Coast," among others.
Table of Contents
Part One: Understanding the Weight You Carry
1. Feeling Too Much: The Hidden Thread
2. When You Carry the Weight of the World
Part Two: Ready to Go
3. The Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much Program (“Now, That’s a Simple Plan I Can Follow!”)
Part Three: Four Steps to Managing Your Porous Boundaries
4. Step One: Speak Your Truth (“Yep, I’m a Person Who Feels Too Much!”)
5. Step Two: Own Your Truth (“Can’t I just promise to eat better?”)
6. Step Three: Reclaim Your Power to Choose (There’s a difference between a compulsion and a choice!!!)
7. Step Four: Reconnect Without Losing Yourself (“I don’t have to leave the party after all!”)
Part Four: It’s Simple, But It’s Not Easy
8. Now Let’s Talk Food
9. Challenging Situations for People Who Feel Too Much
What Our Readers Are Saying
Business » Personal Finance