- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Old Farmer's Almanac for Kids series:
Old Farmer's Almanac for Kids #04: The Old Farmer's Almanac for Kids, Volume 4by Yankee Publishing Inc
Synopses & Reviews
Created for kids ages 8 and up, this full-color, fact-filled book features fascinating stories and fun projects that will keep kids entertained for hours and learning all the while.
Volume 4 will amuse kids with facts, features, and activities such as
• Calendar: famous 13ths of the month; Halloween history, snacks, and decoration ideas; Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa “firsts”
• Astronomy: wild tales of meteorites, wonders of the night sky, the search for aliens
• Weather: wacky ways to predict the weather; profiles of the thermometer men, Celsius and Fahrenheit; cold facts; weird winds
• Gardening: history, folklore, and how-to-grow for peas, tomatoes, “alligator pears” (avocados!), and a cucumber in a bottle
• Crafts: twelve easy projects to foster kids creativity—and fun!
• Nature: how leaves change color, advice on poison ivy, all about grasshoppers and birds
A blend of wacky facts, quirky stories, and fun activites in full color for kids ages 7-10.
Fascinating stories, fun facts, and activities that provide hours of edu-tainment make a winning formula for this biannual series created for kids ages 8 and up. This brand-new edition includes chapters with features on . . .
andbull;and#160;Astronomy:and#160;Earthandrsquo;s volcanoes and other planetary wonders
andbull;and#160;Calendar:and#160;origin of the birthday cake, why we save daylight time, and more andldquo;specialandrdquo; days
andbull;and#160;Health:and#160;fun facts about your brain; uncommon advice for the common cold; why we have burps, gas, and other unmentionables
andbull;and#160;Weather:and#160;wildfire weather, facts about fog
andbull;and#160;Food:and#160;the history of the hot dog, the making of maple syrup, the first frozen dinner, lunchbox recipes
andbull;and#160;Accomplished Kids:and#160;kids who made amazing discoveries, kids who help to make the world a better place
andbull;and#160;Nature:and#160;a bug guide, little-known facts about nuts, poison dart frogs
andbull;and#160;In the Garden:and#160;secrets of composting, growing a bean teepee and other edibles, plus fun crafts
andbull;and#160;Sports:and#160;a wooden car derby, plus adventurers Sam Patch (falls jumper), Jay Cochrane (wire walker), and Charles F. Lummis (cross-country hiker)
andbull; Amusement:and#160;tips for setting a record, advice for whistlers, and more
andbull;and#160;Plusand#160;too much more to mention!
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like